Saturday, December 8, 2012

Celebrating Nonna's 90th

*No baby yet and the c-section is officially scheduled for the 11th. The baby has 2 more days to get here naturally otherwise I'm jumping on that operating table*

A few weeks ago we celebrated Nonna's 90th birthday. Her actual birthday is today 12.8.12 (would have been cool to deliver today in her honor), but she had the party earlier because I would not have been able to travel at this point.

We all met up in Barneget, NJ where she lives and spent some time with family we rarely see. Jordan met my Aunt Denise and her husband Herb for the first time ever.


The night before the party we surprised Dee Dee's with a cake to celebrate her 64th birthday and ended the night letting the boys have a hyperactive dance party - shirts optional.



The timing of Nonna's party the next day was right in the middle of both Jordan and Jack's nap time but both boys were very well-behaved. At one point Jordan did pass out on some chairs and took an hour nap right in the middle of the party (wish I had taken a photo of it).


The party turned out really nice and we got to see a lot of Marino and Cobianchi relatives. I didn't get to take too many photos, but here are a few.






Unfortunately, just a week before her bash, Nonna fell while shopping and although she was very lucky and not seriously hurt she was left with bad bruising all over her face. Of course that didn't stop her from enjoying herself - this woman loves a party.



As a gift to her, I made a 'This is your life' 90th birthday video on iMovie in her honor. It's amazing to look back on all that time in a person's life. She is one helluva Great-grandma! The video turned out well, although I wish I had more time to collect additional photos and edit because I made a mistake in my audio saying Denise and Herb were married in 1977 when it was really 1997 - too late to change it now - please enjoy!


Grandma's 90th Birthday Video from Gina Kacamburas on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Gina - amazing job on the video!! Adam and I enjoyed every second, every picture, and the story! So awesome - love that Millie!! :)

    ReplyDelete