Soooo we had a baby and it was another boy. Drew Hannan Kacamburas was born a week ago on Sunday, December 9th, 2012. He was 8 lbs, 15 oz. and 20.5" long.
Drew's birth was a similar story to Jordan's in that my water broke and contractions started, but I ended up with a c-section. Poor Jay came home from his work holiday part at 1am on Sunday morning and 15 minutes later my water broke. We didn't go into the hospital until around 5am, but all was very calm. Contractions were 2 minutes apart and getting stronger but I wasn't dilated at all so around 10am my doctor talked me into doing a c-section. It wasn't what I wanted, but I do know that when your water breaks prematurely without the baby engaging it's how most people end up. So I gave in, but was apprehensive because of how bad my first one was to recover from.
Fortunately everything went really well and I felt much better in comparison to Jordan's birth. Big Brother Jordan came to visit a few times and was fairly unimpressed with Drew, but did great having sleepovers at Dee Dee and Bobs.
So far, Drew looks like the spitting image of Jordan as a newborn and seems to be just as easy. He's louder than Jordan has has a full on yell that we need to record since it's so rediculous. Fortunately he only complains when he's hungry or when we have to change his diaper.
He's really snugly and we are having a lot of fun having a newborn again. Can't wait to see what he'll grow into.

No comments:
Post a Comment