I have not said too much about being pregnant with #2 and I should probably put a time-stamp in here. #2 is due on 12.12.12 and we do not know the sex. I have been prepared to go any day now, especially since Jordan came early.
The truth is this pregnancy has been zero fun. It's a total means to an end for me. There has been absolutely nothing medically wrong, but I've had most of the crappy things that happen to you during pregnancy happen; morning sickness, crazy swelling, acid reflux, debilitating back pain, sleep deprivation, etc. I understand this is normal and I'm lucky to not have any major issues, but at 38 weeks I'm over it. This is how huge and terrible I look - it's as if someone injected me with fluids (I can't believe I'm even posting this but I'm keeping it real).
Jordan was born after 8 hours of labor not progressing. My water broke so we had to go into the hospital and then I just didn't dilate/progress, yet my contractions increased in intensity and length all the while the baby (Jordan) was 'in distress' with his heart rate dropping more frequently and for longer periods of time. So in the end I ended up on the operating room table with a c-section. Boo.
After that my goal with #2 was to do a 'vbac' if possible. But at this point it's looking like I might end up with yet another c-section. Not only am I crazy huge and swollen but apparently this baby is a monster. I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and it was measuring the general size of 38 weeks, but had the head size of a baby at 40 weeks. Super. So although I hope to go naturally, I am so completely done with being pregnant that my Doctor suggested she book me for a c-section for 12.7.12 and I'll probably take her up on it.
I have one more post to add in about how we celebrated Nonna's 90th birthday, but after that the next post should be about the arrival of Baby Kac #2.
Well, doesn't sound like you have had much fun, but I am excited for you guys. We also have number 2 on the way. I am 18 weeks and this pregnancy has not been as easy as Julia either. I am guessing partially because it happen relatively soon after Julia. Guess we should have been paying attention.
ReplyDeleteJordan looks to be a cute happy kid and you guys seem to be having fun with him. I am sure it will be the same with the next! Love the blog and I enjoy your commentary! Good luck. Christina