Thursday, December 1, 2011

Halloween firsts


This year Jordan's school had the kids make their own costumes for the annual Halloween parade. His class dressed up as Sesame Street characters and they all got to pick who they wanted to be (which really just amounted to what color they wanted to be). Of course Jordan picked RED for Elmo. Here he is with his face painted.


 This is Jordan's buddy Alexander who is bigger and just as rough so the two of them get along great.


For the Del Ray Halloween parade Jordan was a kangaroo. I had picked up the outfit cheap at a consignment sale and we had him wear it around for a few months so he go used to it. I decorated his wagon in a jungle/safari theme, Jay dressed up as a guide and I was a leopard. 


Cousin Jack joined the fun and came as a bear. I love our neighborhood parade and each year the costumes and 'floats' get better and better. 


On Halloween night I took Jordan out for his first trick-or-treating experience while Jay stayed home to give kids candy. We walked around the block and said hello to all of our neighbors. By the end of it he understood the process, but we were not out for long. He was VERY slow walking around because there was so much to see between the house decorations and costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment