Christmas Eve we were at Dee Dee and Bob's (who the boys now officially call Papa so I”ll start referring him as such) for a nice dinner with Nonna. Jordan and Jack opened their gifts and went a bit crazy while Drew napped through the night. Jack gave Jordan a Spider-Man bath set so at some point they insisted on taking a bath. I'll chalk it up to a late night and too much excitement but Jordan ended the night being so naughty that he's glad Santa didn't put coal in his stocking! My favorite shot of the boys from that Christmas Eve below.
Christmas morning was just us 4 and very calm. Jordan was so busy playing with his toys from the night before that we didn't really do a big reveal to open any gifts under our tree. At some point after breakfast we pointed out a hidden box to Jordan which was the one thing he asked Santa for - the Batcave. He was pumped and kept saying "Seeee I TOLD YOU Santa would bring me the Batcave!".
Yia Yia and Papou arrived in the afternoon and the Hannan/Marino crew joined us later for Christmas dinner. Jordan spent a week with their full attention playing and going on adventures. We even hit up the ICE show at National Harbor that was a Shrek the Halls theme and poor Drew almost froze to death, but at least Jordan got to go down the ice slide (see video).
Shrek the Halls ICE! slide from Gina Kacamburas on Vimeo.
For News Years we made a last minute decision to have some friends with kids over (5 and under) to party in the basement - nothing as big as the year's prior but it was still crazy and packed. I'm mad I forgot to take a photo or video of the toddler dance party they had. Booo.
And finally Auntie Kelly, Uncle Adam, Kyle and Austin flew down, but I'll do a separate post for that because Auntie Kelly took a ton of awesome photos to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment