We picked up on iPad 1 just one month before the iPad 2 came out (yes, I knew it was coming out and yes, I'm an idiot), but we had some travel plans booked and I was growing increasingly nervous about traveling with Jordan since he's a full-on toddler. I was hoping the iPad would be our saving grace and it totally is. It's saved us multiple times on car rides, at restaurants, in the doctors office or at home.At almost 21 months, he still doesn't have a huge attention span, but the iPad will buy us much needed 10-30 minute breaks. I purchased a few Elmo's World videos (ranging from $9.99 - $14.99) that I know will always work. As well as a a few apps that keep him busy:
- PapaMama - make your own flash cards with your own images and record your voice
- Sound Touch Lite - images of animals & objects that make noise
Below is a shot of Jordan and cousin Jack getting a hit of Elmo on vacation this past week. It was a good way to get them to both sit and chill out for a minute because they were very easily wound-up.

No comments:
Post a Comment